Hanoi received about 2.9 million tourists in the first six months of 2021, mainly domestic visitors, a year-on-year decrease of 25%, according to the municipal Department of Tourism.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Despite the numerous difficulties due to the fourth outbreak of the COVID-19 epidemic, in the first half of 2021, Hanoi’s tourism sector performed a number of important tasks, with a focus on the restructuring of new tourism products and attracting domestic tourists.
Total tourism revenue from domestic tourists was estimated at VND8.1 trillion, down 57% as compared to the same period last year.
In addition, the municipal Department of Tourism has submitted to the Hanoi City People’s Committee its concept design documents, the design and production of tourist sign systems, brand identity kits and tourism logos for craft villages.
Hanoi also successfully organised a conference to build products to stimulate domestic tourism with the participation of hundreds of transport, travel agencies, hotels, tourist sites in the city; and coordinated with the Hanoi Tourism, Trade and Investment Promotion Centre to organise the Tourism Stimulation Festival in 2021 and introduce Hanoi’s culinary culture, among others.
- Hanoi adjusts plan to stimulate tourism demand
- Number of visitors to Hanoi increases again
- Hanoi’s domestic tourism rebounds in October
- Hanoi sets sights on welcoming 11 million domestic visitors
- Hanoi: 1.2 million tourists in July
- Hanoi improves the quality of the circuits in the craft villages
- 90% of tourism workers in Hanoi lose jobs in first half of 2021
- Hanoi targets welcoming up to 19 million visitors in 2021
- Hanoi tourism earns $13 million in first 3 days of 2021