"Banh gat gu" (Nodding rolls) in Quang Ninh
Banh gat gu (Nodding rolls) are a specialty of Tien Yen District, the northern province of Quang Ninh.
The rolls are made from sticky rice powder, with sizes similar to banh cuon (steamed rice paper rolls). The dish is often served with minced pork and chicken fat sauce.
These rolls seem to 'nod' repeatedly when lifted off a plate, hence their name. The price is VND30,000 per portion.
Recommended addresses are Mrs. Cuc’s (73 Hoa Binh Street) and Mrs. Thia’s (30A Hoa Binh Street).
- Steamed rice paper rolls with squid cakes in Ha Long
- Ha Tinh’s unique steamed rice rolls with spring roll stuffing
- Vietnamese cuisine Steamed rice roll Banh Cuon
- Banh cuon Cao Bang, a must-try dish in Hanoi
- Pho rolls: a Hanoian specialty
- Hue’s steamed rice rolls tantalize the taste buds
- Enjoy the delicious Quang Ninh nodding cake to delight visitors near and far
- Ha Tinh ramen cake
- Pork specialties from central coastal district
- Southern grilled pork rolls feed Hanoi culinary fervor