"Hu tieu bo vien", or beef meatball noodle soup, can be seen everywhere in the downtown area with locals eating it in the morning and evening.
In Chau Doc, a town in the Mekong River Delta province of An Giang bordering Cambodia, the hu tieu, a rice-based noodle, is distinctive with the strands being smaller, soft and chewy.
The cook puts the noodles to a bowl and adds the broth made from bones and small pieces of bo vien (beef meatballs). Fresh herbs are also available for people who like their taste.
A bowl costs around VND20,000 (around US$0.86).
- Mouthwatering crab noodle soup of Hai Phong
- The pho gà, the chicken noodle soup
- CNN listed Vietnamese noodles soup among top Asia s dishes
- World s most expensive bowls of Vietnamese Pho enlisted by foodlovers
- CNN : Goi cuon from Vietnam
- Soc Trang and its irresistible specialties
- CNN names Bun Rieu and Cao Lau among best Asian noodles