Vietnam's Hoi An ancient town attractive to foreign tourists
NDO – Coming in 10th place out of 59 countries in the Expat Insider 2021 survey, Vietnam ranked first in both the Personal Finance and Cost of Living indices.
With more than 12,000 respondents, it is one of the most extensive surveys about living and working abroad, sharing insight into expat life in 59 destinations.
The survey offers in-depth information on expats’ satisfaction with the quality of life, ease of settling in, working life, personal finance, and the cost of living in their respective country of residence. Additionally, the respondents shared about how they have been experiencing the COVID-19 pandemic and how it has impacted their lives.
Vietnam also does well in the Working Abroad Index (9th), with the vast majority of expats (86%) expressing overall job satisfaction.
Vietnam is also highly appreciated for its beautiful beaches, delicious food and fascinating culture, making it a great place for anyone looking for new experiences.
According to the Expat Insider 2021 survey, Taiwan (China), Mexico, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Portugal, New Zealand, Australia, Ecuador and Canada are also on the list of the best destinations for expats worldwide: all of them attract expats with their ease of settling in and good personal finances.
- What is the impact of coronavirus pandemic on expat life?
- Where is Vietnam in the list of best and worst destinations for expats 2021?
- Vietnam ranks high in expats’ satisfaction with official Covid-19 communication
- Vietnam ranks high in expats satisfaction with official Covid communication
- Vietnam among leading destinations for expats to live
- Poor public transport, pollution affect quality of life in HCMC: expat survey
- Ho Chi Minh City named among top ten cheapest places for American expats
- Ho Chi Minh City named cheapest city for American expats by Business Insider
- Ho Chi Minh City heads the list of the ten cheapest places for American expats