Tam Thanh Village in Tam Ky Town in the central province of Quang Nam has lured more visitors thanks to a bamboo basket boat project.
The Basket Boat Path Art project has been conducted by art teachers in Tam Ky Town and voluntary artists from Hanoi.
Tam Thanh is the first mural village In Vietnam and its Basket Boat Art project has impressed many tourists.
The paintings, which are inspired by local residents’ daily lives are drawn on around 80 basket boats, including 50 new ones.
The work by artist Tran Thu Thuy can survive for a year despite storms.
Local authorities have supported artists with the best conditions for the project implementation such as cleaning basket boats.
Many tourists are interested in the colourful baskets of bamboo.
- Central coastal Tam Thanh village inveigles passer by with its colorful street art
- Vietnamese artist elevates rattan, bamboo in contemporary art installation
- Self-aware shops in Da Bia Village: No sellers, buyers place money in baskets
- Chu Xa, the first fresco village in Hanoi
- Fishing boat sinks off Quang Binh coast, leaving two missing
- Stunning tourist attractions in Quang Nam Province