A full set of fine rice vermicelli noodles with pig’s small intestines
HCMC - In Phu Long Town, Binh Thuan Province, fine rice vermicelli noodles with pig’s small intestines is a specialty in Phu Long Town, Ham Thuan Bac District, Binh Thuan Province. Residents in Phu Long often choose the dish for their breakfast.
Phu Long Town is home to banh hoi (fine rice vermicelli noodles) making facilities which have been passed down through generations. Local makers are always careful in every step, from selecting flour, rolling flour to turning flour into fibers.
Fine rice vermicelli noodles are steamed before being dried off. The vermicelli noodles have to be from rice flour (rice is soaked in water overnight) to have an eye-catching look. Fine rice vermicelli noodles in Phu Long look like fresh vermicelli, not in the form of square cakes like other versions in Phu Yen and Binh Dinh provinces.
Pig’s small intestines are cleaned and boiled. Next, they are soaked in cool water to reach the necessary level of crunchiness. It is this crunchiness that makes fine rice vermicelli noodles with pig’s small intestines from Phu Long taste better.
Boiled pig’s small intestines will be served with fine rice vermicelli noodles topped with green onions and pork fat, rice papers, herbs and a special dipping sauce. The rice papers to be used must be dew-wetted and thin while the sweet-and-sour dipping sauce is a mixture of minced garlics, chilies, tamarind juice, salt and sugar.
Diners wrap boiled pig’s small intestines, fine rice vermicelli noodles and herbs in a sheet of rice paper. Then, the roll is dipped in the sweet-and-sour sauce to be totally ready.
- A specialty from central region
- The specialty of 8 colors dried vermicelli in Cao Bang
- The “fields” of rice vermicelli
- Traditional trade village of dry vermicelli and rice paper along Con River
- Red vermicelli – a “remembering” dish in the capital city of Ban Me
- Danang-style rice vermicelli with grilled pork
- A popular Vietnamese dish
- Try a bowl of Hanoi snail vermicelli soup
- The delicious traditional rice noodles from the Hùng Lô craft village