Hai Van Pass named among 10 most beautiful drives worldwide by the renowned U.S. magazine Travel + Leisure.
The travelawaits also names Phu Quoc island of Vietnam among 15 best islands in the world to retire on in 2021.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Renowned U.S. magazine Travel + Leisure recently named the Hai Van Pass in the central Vietnamese coastal city of Da Nang among the 10 most beautiful drives in the world, with the Pentagon Motor Group (PMG)’s Instagram data analysis being taken into account.
Hai Van Pass has been dubbed “one of the best coast roads in the world” by Jeremy Clarkson, former host of British motoring show Top Gear.
The website also recommends that those traveling along the route take the road slow as conditions can become a slightly foggy.
With a total length of 20km, the pass has become one of the most popular destinations for visitors to snap photographs on, with over 52,000 photos taken at the site having been uploaded to Instagram.
As part of PMG’s research, they discovered that the Great Ocean Road in Australia is the most beautiful road trip in the world, followed closely by the Big Sur in the United States and Jebel Hafeet in the United Arab Emirates.
The global list is based on analysis provided by Pentagon Motor Group (PMG), which searches more than seven million Instagram hashtags in order to uncover the world’s most stunning routes.
In addition, Phu Quoc island of the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang has been named among 15 best islands in the world to retire on in 2021 by http://www.travelawaits.com
Phu Quoc Island of Vietnam. Photo: Shutter stock
Experts covering overseas retirement trends for more than 40 years have released their latest picks, said the tourism website.
Criteria for top 15 list include “the ability to live a simpler, more peaceful life, without breaking the bank,” it added.
The website noted that the relaxed and small island of Phu Quoc may be a bit more expensive to live on than the mainland since goods need to be flown or ferried in, according to VGP.
By Vien Nhu
- Con Dao island home to one of 25 most beautiful beaches worldwide
- Hai Van Pass an awesome coastal road trip in the Central Vietnam
- Phu Quoc among world’s 15 best islands to retire on
- US magazine lists Ha Long Bay among world’s 50 most beautiful natural wonders
- Hoi An named best city in Asia by Travel & Leisure
- Mu Cang Chai named among world’s most beautiful destinations
- Mu Cang Chai’s terraced fields ranks among the top beautiful destinations worldwide
- Travel + Leisure Names the Reverie Saigon One Of Best Hotels In The World