Quang Nam Province, where Hoi An ancient town of Hoi An is seeking approval stamp for ‘vaccine passport’ arrivals.
The draft plan has been submitted to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Vietnam for approval.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Quang Nam wants to welcome vaccinated international visitors with negative Covid-19 test results who can stay in two cordoned off resorts and be securely escorted around.
Le Tri Thanh, Quang Nam chairman, said Sunday that the central province has sent a draft plan to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism on welcoming international tourists.
If approved, Quang Nam will become the first province in the country to accept visitors with the so-called Covid-19 vaccine passports.
The plan will have visitors entering Vietnam on tours organized by international travel agencies. Each visitor should have a vaccine passport (documented proof of vaccination) and a certificate from medical agencies showing negative Covid-19 test results.
“We plan to welcome South Korean visitors in the first phase. We will learn from the experience, and in the second phase, we can open to more markets,” Thanh said.
The group of tourists will go on a charter flight to the Chu Lai Airport and be taken straight to resorts in Duy Xuyen District or Nui Thanh District for 5-10 days, not to quarantine facilities.
Chu Lai is slated to become an international airport and be eligible to add necessary equipment to receive charter flights.
Nguyen Thanh Hong, Director of the Quang Nam Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, said the two resorts were isolated and quite far from residential areas. The staff at these two resorts will be Covid-19 vaccinated and would follow and apply all pandemic prevention measures, he/she said.
Nguyen Van, deputy director of the provincial health department, said the plan to welcome international visitors has been carefully prepared.
“Throughout the transportation process, the visitors will be required to stay in the car with no stops on the way. The pandemic prevention measures at the accommodations will be applied just like a quarantine center.”
On April 15, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Van Hung had said that the ministry plans to reopen international tourism under a roadmap in which the pilot phase from July 2021 to September 2021 will focus on beach tourism and golf tourism in Quang Nam for visitors from the South Korean market, according to VNExpress.
By Dac Thanh – Viet Tuan
- Quang Nam seeks green light for vaccine passport arrivals
- Quảng Nam offers to host international visitors with ‘vaccine passports’
- Experts advocate Quang Nam s proposal to welcome int l Covid 19 vaccine passport holders
- HCM City proposes welcoming international tourists with vaccine passports next month
- Authorities in Da Nang plan to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign visitors from next month
- Khanh Hoa to pilot vaccine passport program
- Vietnam’s Hoi An opens to foreign tourists from next month
- Vietnam Plans To Receive 40 000 International Visitors With Vaccine Passports
- Vaccinated tourists from this country would be the first to be allowed back into Vietnam
- First foreign visitors under vaccine passport scheme enjoy Hội An tour after two years