The Bai Dam Trau beach in Con Dao island in Vietnam’s southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau, has been listed among the 25 most beautiful beaches in the world, according to a recent article published by Travel + Leisure magazine.
A view of the sea off Con Dao Island (Photo: VNA)“Trying to select Vietnam's most beautiful beach is tough, but Bai Dam Trau in the Con Dao islands is certainly a top contender,” the article says. “With distinct golden sand, soft swells, and shady groves of bamboo and evergreen trees, it's the kind of place to spend the day gently swinging in a hammock with a beach read and walking in the surf with a freshly hacked coconut,” the article adds. Topping the list is Saud Beach on Luzon island in the Philippines, followed by Elafonissi Beach in Greece and Nungwi Beach in Tanzania. Along with the Vietnamese beach, the list also sees two other representatives from the Asian region, including Railay West in Thailand and Radhanagar in India. Last year, Travel Leisure magazine placed Vietnamese hotel The Reverie Saigon in the southern hub Ho Chi Minh City at 57th position among the 100 best hotels globally. In 2019, the ancient city of Hoi An in the central province of Quang Nam made it into the magazine’s list of 15 most beautiful cities across the world.
- Dam Trau on Con Dao Islands among world s 25 most beautiful beaches
- Con Dao affirms Vietnam's sea and islands beauty
- Con Dao Beach is in the topmost beautiful in the world
- Discover Dam Trau Con Dao s most beautiful beach
- Cham Island s Irresistible Beauty Through The Lens Of A Greek Traveller
- Six Phu Quoc beaches to get your summer on
- Two Việt Nam beaches among top beaches in Asia
- Learn how to surf at Nha Trang Beach
- Peachy pink sand beach, a sense of romance during hot summer days