Director of HCM City’s Tourism Department Bui Ta Hoang Vu highlighted the encouraging results of the cooperation, with 5,000 foreign travellers departing HCM City to Mekong Delta localities in the first two months of the year, up 14 percent year on year.
He reported that the city’s revenues from tourism in June picked up 13.5 percent from the same period last year, partly thanks to new products and new tourism routes linking HCM City with Mekong Delta localities.
Vice Chairman of the Can Tho municipal People’s Committee Duong Tan Hien said links between HCM City and Mekong Delta localities have helped the two sides expand tourism markets.
Nguyen Huu Tho, chairman of the Vietnam Tourism Association, urged the sides to pay attention to developing human resources to serve tourism development in the region./. VNA
- Festival promotes tourism in HCMC, Mekong Delta
- Festival seeks to boost tourism in HCMC and Mekong Delta region
- Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta stimulating tourism
- HCM City, Mekong Delta stimulating tourism
- Mekong Delta partners with Vietnam Airlines to promote tourism
- HCM City, Mekong Delta boost regional tourism cooperation
- HCMC, Mekong Delta promote domestic tourism for post Covid-19 recovery
- Ho Chi Minh City supports tourism businesses in inter-regional connection
- HCM City to promote tourism cooperation with Mekong Delta provinces
- Vietnam Airlines unveils 4 new air routes from Cần Thơ