Actors perform then singing with the tinh gourd lutes at the 2021 Ha Long Street Festival. (Photo: NDO/NGUYEN DUNG)
NDO – The 2021 Ha Long Street Festival is ongoing at the Ha Long Marina Complex, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province, featuring the local heritage and culture of ethnic groups.
Hosted by the Quang Ninh Department of Tourism in coordination with the BIM Group, the three-day event is the first of a series of events to stimulate domestic tourism in Quang Ninh this year.
Themed “Heritage Spring Festival”, the fest offers visitors a chance to experience the unique indigenous cultural values across four cultural spaces: border - mountainous areas; cultural - history - spirituality; heritage; and seas and islands.
The festival brings together nearly 100 booths displaying rich local cuisine as well as featuring many other cultural and sporting activities such as folk games, a grand concert, traditional folk repertoires and contemporary music performed on the street with the participation of 100 artists from Quang Ninh and Hanoi.
- Pao Dung singing and Ky Yen festival recognized as intangible cultural heritage
- The Muong Lo Cultural and Tourism Festival presents the xoè Thái
- Central Highlands ethnic cultural festival to be held in May
- Kon Tum to host cultural festival for ethnic groups next month
- Fire dance festival certified as national intangible cultural heritage
- Tet Nguyen Tieu officially certified as national intangible cultural heritage
- Boat race festival recognised as national intangible cultural heritage
- Chinese first full moon of the year festival recognized as National Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Nguyen Tieu Festival becomes part of national intangible cultural heritage