HCM CITY – The US magazine Forbes has listed Whale Island in the central province of Khanh Hòa among the 10 must-visit diving destinations this year.
Whale Island, with an average water temperature that hovers around 28 degrees Celsius, is known for its macro gems hidden among the lush soft corals, which makes drift diving here that much more exciting, the magazine said.
Located in Van Phong Bay, around 100 kilometres from the beach town of Nha Trang, Whale Island, also called Hòn Ông, is one of the top destinations for scuba diving, kayaking and snorkeling in the country.
Whales and whale sharks flock to the archipelago to feed on masses of krill and plankton between April and July, giving the place its name, Forbes said.
The island remains almost untouched since there are no inhabitants in the area. Whale Island Resort is the only resort on the island.
Known for its long stretches of beautiful beaches and scuba diving, Nha Trang has been attracting large numbers of foreign tourists, especially Chinese and Russians in recent years. – VNS
- Whale Island, peaceful leden of Nha Trang
- Whale Island, the peaceful Eden of Nha Trang
- Nam Du Archipelago
- The Famous Islands Named After Animals In Vietnam
- Top Vietnam Destinations Four hidden paradises should be in wanderlust s bucket list
- Must-go places on Phu Quoc Island
- Exploring Quang Ninh s hidden germ
- Exploring Quang Ninh’s hidden germ
- Hòn Sơn- untouched island in Kiên Giang Province