An expedition team from the British Royal Caves Association (BCRA) has conducted a survey of the northern province of Thai Nguyen, with the primary aim of exploring future possibilities for cave tourism in the locality.
Suoi Mo Ga cave
The team is made up of experts from the UK who have previously designed tourism products for Son Doong cave in the central province of Quang Binh.
The survey of Son Doong cave had been conducted through collaboration between the Quang Binh Department of Tourism and the Thai Nguyen Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
This comes after representatives from both the Thai Nguyen People and Quang Binh People’s Committees held a meeting with experts from the British Royal Cave Association and Oxalis Adventure Company, the sole tour operator to Son Doong cave in Quang Binh province.
Following the survey, international experts noted that several caves in Thai Nguyen province have great potential for tourism development moving forward. Suoi Mo Ga in particular represents a majestic and scenic cave where adventure tourism could further be developed.
Furthermore, with a total length of approximately 750 metres, Chua Cave has plenty of bright prospects ahead for developing various types of tourism, such as mountain climbing, kayaking, and tours to savour scenic views of local tea hills.
Elsewhere, with a total length of 476 metres, Phuong Hoang Cave is a large site with several beautiful stalactites that must be carefully protected, thereby opening bright prospects for tourism development.
The provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism has stated its intention to co-ordinate with localities in order to tighten management over caves and deploy a range of conservation activities.
The department will also develop a project aimed at identifying cave tourism products and adventure tourism, with the exploitation of Suoi Mo Ga cave being deployed in association with community tourism activities in the future. VOV
- British cave experts invited to design cave tours in Thai Nguyen province
- UK experts explore cave tourism in Thai Nguyen
- CNN has praised nine magnificent caves in Vietnam recently
- Vietnam’s caves among world’s largest
- Son Doong is in the top 10 most incredible caves in the world
- Son Doong Cave, a wonder that breaks the natural record
- Tours to world’s largest cave fully booked throughout the year
- Detailed map for 404 caves of Phong Nha cave system created
- Tourism on track in the world's largest cave: AFP
- Son Dong Cave honoured by Google Doodle