HCM CITY – Located just 150km from HCM City is the Tra Sư cajeput forest in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang.
Tra Sư is a typical cajuput forest on the western part of the Hậu River, a tributary of the Mekong. Waterways that cut through a forest of green melaleuca trees are a great way to reconnect with nature, breath in fresh air and listen to the sound of chirping birds, a world away from the noise and bustle of cities.
Visitors can also enjoy watching locals harvest cajuput flower honey. Depending on the quality, a litre of this honey costs VNĐ300,000 to over VNĐ1 million (US$13-43).
During a tour, visitors travel by motorboat and switch to a rowing boat on reaching the heart of the forest. This is when they can see many birds foraging and nesting. The forest is home to about 70 species of birds, including storks and bitterns.
A Tra Sư forest tour costs VNĐ190,000 per visitor. In groups of seven or more, the price drops to VNĐ95,000 per person. – VNS
- US$22 for a day trip to An Giang
- Hau Giang, the charm of river country
- Peaceful nature among Tra Su Melaleuca forest
- Yen Minh pine forest, “miniature Da Lat” on the rocky plateau
- The haunting magnificence of Hue s mangroves forest in autumn
- Chongqing forest red leaf season
- Ca Mau’s 150-hectare mangrove forest to be replanted