NDO – A rural market was held at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in the Dong Mo tourism area of Son Tay Town, Hanoi, last weekend, attracting thousands of visitors to the village.
Visitors to the market not only had then chance to enjoy folk songs and dances of H’mong, Ha Nhi, Thai, Tay and Nung ethnic people but also to taste indigenous food and drink, including corn wine, thang co (hot pot with a mixture of horse meat and internal organs), seven-coloured glutinous rice, grilled fishes, and men men (corn cake).
The event provided an opportunity for marketgoers to explore the cultural diversity of ethnic groups in the northern regions.
Colourful traditional outfit of Ha Nhi ethnic women.
Elegant Tay ethnic women performing their traditional dance to pray for a bumper crop.
An ethnic man delivering beautiful melodies with a flute.
The beauty of ethnic women.
An ethnic woman offering glutinous rice at the market.
Photos: Khieu Minh
- Culture-Tourism Village to host cultural activities welcoming spring
- The Hang Pinh festival on the full moon of the Tay and Nung ethnic groups in Lang Son
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- Revival of the culture of the Chu Ru
- Bell dance of Dao Tien ethnic group
- Colourful costumes of northern mountainous ethnic groups
- Cultural village reopens, featuring a variety of cultural activities
- Hanoi culture-tourism village hosts ethnic people’s spring-welcoming activities
- Central Highlands ethnic cultural festival to be held in May