NDO – With the theme "Welcoming Spring in the highlands", activities in January 2021 at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in the Dong Mo tourism area of Son Tay Town, Hanoi, will introduce the atmosphere of welcoming the New Year, with traditional rituals, customs and cultural values of the ethnic groups in the village.
The highlight activity in January 2021 is the “Dieu Xoe Ngay Xuan” (a traditional dance of Thai ethnic people in spring day) programme, which introduces folk games of ethnic groups in the Northern in spring.
Visitors will be invited to take part in folk games such as Con (cloth ball) throwing, blindfolded pot smashing, sack races and hopscotch while enjoying traditional spring songs and dances.
On this occasion, the Go Ro Festival of the Kho Mu ethnic group of Tuong Duong District, Nghe An Province, will reappear. Traditionally, at the end of the year, each Kho Mu Village family buys a pot of wine to prepare for the spring festival, to celebrate the New Year.
Traditional cultural practices by Muong, Thai, Dao, Kho Mu and Mong ethnic people will also be introduced to visitors on the occasion.
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- The series of festivals should not be missed at the end of the year
- Revival of the culture of the Chu Ru
- The Muong Lo Cultural and Tourism Festival presents the xoè Thái
- Mu Cang Chai banh day pounding festival about to open
- The Hang Pinh festival on the full moon of the Tay and Nung ethnic groups in Lang Son