Da Nang (VNA) – The central city of Da Nang offered 2,000 tickets free of charge on the first two days of the year for locals and tourists to take part in a travel tour held in the city’s iconic Han River at night.
The programme was designed to celebrate the 2021 New Year and restart waterway tourism activities at night, after a halt triggered by COVID-19, creating momentum for domestic tourism development, said Deputy Director of the city’s Department of Tourism Nguyen Xuan Binh.
Fifteen boats sailed simultaneously at 8 pm and the tour lasted for more than one hour. Musical performance was staged before departure.
Nearly 1,000 people joined the tour on the first evening of the year.
A host of cultural activities were also held across the central city’s public locations to mark the New Year holiday./.VNA
- Da Nang re-operates nightlife activities on Han River
- Da Nang offers free city tours to tourists
- Da Nang to host first tourists after COVID-19 resurgence
- Free night excursion on the Han River
- Central city to debut night beach zone
- Central localities showcase tourism stimulus programmes in HCM City
- Heritage of central localities on show for Ho Chi Minh City citizens
- HCM City starts river tour to Cần Giờ
- Da Nang welcomes first group of tourists after over two months
- Vibrant atmosphere return to local tourism sites