NDO – The colourful firework display in the sky of Hanoi at midnight on January 1 marked the turning of New Year 2021.
Thousands of people and visitors gathered in the city’s centre to wait for the special moment.
The beautiful fireworks display beside Hoan Kiem Lake
Since 7pm on December 31, many Vietnamese people and foreign visitors gathered in the pedestrian streets around Hoan Kiem Lake to join the joyful activities to welcome New Year 2021.
The propaganda panels on COVID-19 prevention and control were put at the entry and exit areas to the pedestrian streets.
Children were joyful to enjoy art activities in celebration of the New Year.
People take photos right before New Year’s Eve.
Trang Tien Street crowded with people waiting for the colourful firework display.
Children eagerly awaiting the firework display beside Hoan Kiem Lake.
A countdown party was held in front of the Hanoi Opera House, attracting a large number of onlookers.
The turning of New Year 2021.
Upon entering the New Year, firework displays simultaneously took place around Ho Chi Minh City. Earlier, the people gathered crowdedly at the firework points to choose the best location.
The firework display at the tunnel crossing the Saigon River (District 2) always attracts a large number of people.
Various art programmes, performances of circus, Vovinam traditional martial arts and street art fests were held on the same day President Ho Chi Minh Monument Park and Nguyen Hue Street.
People and visitors gather on the Nguyen Hue pedestrian street.
* On the evening of December 31, thousands of people flocked to main streets and September 2 Square in the central city of Da Nang to join cultural and entertainment activities, especially the Countdown Party.
As the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve, thousands of people had a countdown to welcome the year 2021. A series of street art activities are taking place along Han River until January 2, impressing local people and visitors alike.
The display of decorative boats along Han River.
- Colourful dragon festival livens up pedestrian streets around Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi
- Thousands hit the streets to welcome 2021 in Vietnam
- Hanoi to scale down Lunar New Year fireworks to prevent Covid-19
- Hoan Kiem lake pedestrian space bustling with Dragon Dance Festival
- Thousands ignore 2020 blues, crowd streets for New Year’s Eve
- New Year Countdown Party to open in Hanoi
- Hanoi to resume public activities in Hoan Kiem pedestrian zone
- Purple mop was in full bloom by Hoan Kiem Lake
- Hanoi plans to open another pedestrian street
- Here’s the only way to watch tonight’s fireworks live on Lunar New Year’s Eve