Tucked in a humble setting with lots of greenery, Arul Coffee in Dak Lak Province is a popular spot for coffee for locals and tourists alike.
Arul Coffee lies on the main street leading to Ako Dhong, an Ede and M’nong ethnic village in the heart of Buon Ma Thuot, capital of Central Highlands province Dak Lak – the land of coffee.
It comprises three long houses with tiled roofs, one serving as a parking lot. The lush greenery and tall trees make the space charming. The middle structure is a long house built in the 1980s. Its front faces the main street, a typical characteristic of houses in the village. From the front yard, a wooden staircase leads up to the porch.
The architecture remains almost completely intact, with primary material being wood. It has doors in the front and at the back and many windows on the two sides The wooden tables are low, and guests sit on the floor.
The kitchen is fully equipped with utensils and appliances. With the exception of the kitchen, the house still preserves traditional Central Highlands decorative items like brocade tapestries, woven baskets, cauldrons, and ceramic jars.
The backyard is airy and open and filled with simple wooden furniture redolent of Central Highlands aesthetics.
The other long house was built recently also with a tiled roof and lots of wood. But it is more contemporary than the others. There are no walls and all four sides overlook connected gardens.
Separating the houses are green areas with lots of trees and plants.
In the yard are wooden folk statues and furniture with intricate ethnic carvings.
Pham Quynh Anh (right), a local who was visiting the cafe with her brother, said: “Though it is our first time here, we are already in love with the place. The cafe is breathtaking in a minimalist, rustic way. It feels as if I am at home. I will definitely come back.”
- The cafe in the Ede longhouse
- A tour of Buon Ma Thuot City in Central Highlands
- HCM City coffee house features ethnic decor
- Virtual living at Buon Ma Thuot coffee book street
- Discovering unique world coffee museum in Dak Lak
- Discovering the meaning of place names in Central Highlands
- A sip of coffee in the southernmost Northern People s café
- Quy Nhon coffee house charms patrons with variety, design
- Name the beautiful communal houses in the Central Highlands: cultural symbols of the great land
- Communal house in Central Highlands' treasure trove of childhood memories