Early winter, forests across the northwestern mountainous region are dyed the yellowish-red of maple leaves.
Maple leaves on the way to Ta Xua peak.
Maple leaves in a stream on the way to the Nam Kang Ho Tao peak in Lai Chau Province.
Maple trees shed their leaves near the top of Nam Kang Ho Tao, which connects Lai Chau to Lao Cai.
A maple forest on the road to the top of Nhiu Co San Mountain, which is 2,965 meters above sea level and one of Vietnam’s 10 highest mountains, in Lao Cai Province.
The road to Pu Ta Leng peak is dyed the yellow of maple leaves.
Maple leaf season lasts till the end of December. Fern leaves have also begun turning yellow, adding to the beauty of the forests.
Photos by Lekima Hung, Khac Nghia, Tuan Mach, Lu Sao, Quang Long
- Vietnam’s Northwest in the season of golden maple leaves
- Vietnam s Northwest in the season of golden maple leaves
- Conquering Mount Pha Luong in season of golden maple leaves
- Surfing the clouds on Bach Ma Mountain Peak
- Top 4 breath taking trekking paths in Vietnam
- Beautiful mountains in Lao Cai
- The bucolic charm of a Hue summer
- Top cloud hunting locations in the last months of the year
- Maple glazed Christmas ham
- Mesmerizing river of cloud on Indochina s rooftop