NDO – The National Conference on Tourism 2020 entitled “Connection, action and development” was jointly held by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the People’s Committee of Quang Nam Province on November 28 in the presence of Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam.
Speaking at the event, Dam valued the development of tourism infrastructure in recent years, particularly the building of world-class accommodation facilities.
He also pointed out some issues that the tourism sector needs to pay attention to including the tourism links between localities and the restructuring of the tourism market with the due attention to domestic tourists.
The deputy PM also asked for the digitalisation of all cultural heritages and antiques at museums to create new experiences for tourists.
Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Ngoc Thien said that the COVID-19 pandemic has had serious impact on the Vietnam’s tourism sector.
The number of foreign tourists to Vietnam in 2020 decreased by 80% while the number of domestic tourists also fell by over 37% compared to 2019. The Vietnam’s tourism sector is estimated to suffer a total loss of approximately US$23 billion in 2020.
The conference aims to assess the current situation and find solutions to restore and promote tourism development in the coming time towards the dual goals of effective pandemic prevention and effective and sustainable tourism development, the minister noted.
To restore the tourism sector, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism proposed four groups of solutions, including the restructuring of the tourist market; the development of new products and services and improvements to product quality suitable to each market segment; the promotion of public-private cooperation and regional linkage between localities; and digital transformation in tourism development.
- Measures sought to revive tourism sector amid COVID-19
- Vietnam tourism businesses join hands for salvaging industry
- Covid-19 costs tourism sector up to US$23 billion in 2020
- PM approves proposal on national tourism conference
- National Tourism Conference seeks solutions to save tourism industry
- Vietnam tourism towards domestic market in 2021
- HCM City and northeastern provinces strengthen tourism cooperation
- Restructuring tourism for sustainable development after COVID-19 pandemic
- Ha Long conference boosts local tourism development linkage