NDO - Nearly 100 travel agencies started their survey trips to popular locations in Da Nang City on November 24.
During their survey trips, the travel agencies visited Sunworld Ba Na Hill tourist complex, the Nui Than Tai Hot Spring Park, the Ariyana International Convention Centre, and the Hoiana Integrated Resort.
They also attended a business cooperation seminar held by Sun Group and witnessed the signing ceremony of a cooperative agreement between Sun Group and Da Nang City’s Tourism Association, UNESCO Hanoi Travel Club, and representatives of domestic travel agencies.
The trips were jointly held by the Da Nang City’s tourism promotion centre and the city’s tourism association within the forum on promoting tourism connectivity between Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and the key economic zone in central region, including the four provinces of Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, and Binh Dinh.
The forum, to be hosted by the central province of Quang Nam from November 27 to 28, aims to restart tourist activities in the localities and boost coordination among travel businesses.
Da Nang is expected to receive 2.7 million tourists this year, down 68.6% year-on-year due to the impacts of COVID-19, according to the city's tourism department. Last year, the city received 3.5 million foreign visitors, up 22.5% against 2018.
- Central localities on joint tourism drive
- Ho Chi Minh City expands regional tourism linkages
- Hanoi, HCMC enhance cooperation with localities to boost domestic travel
- Hanoi to cooperate with central region to promote domestic tourism post Covid-19
- Da Nang welcomes first group of tourists after over two months
- Hanoi to join tourism development forum with HCM City, central provinces
- Da Nang to lure Japanese tourists after COVID-19
- Hanoi stimulates tourism by rail promotion
- Da Nang to host first tourists after COVID-19 resurgence