Nearly 500 chefs from large restaurant chains and 5-star hotels in Hanoi, kitchen team leaders, restaurant owners and culinary businesses attended the exchange program of culinary performances between Vietnam and some other countries in Hanoi on November 21.
The performance of three chefs representing Vietnamese, South Korean and French cuisines. Photo: Thanh Tuan
The event was jointly hosted by the Hanoi Media Association, Vietnam Art and Culture Exhibition Center, Hanoi Tourism Association, Hanoi Professional Chefs Association. It provided a venue for chefs to come together to bring Vietnamese cuisine to other world-class culinary standards.
At the exchange program, three chefs from 5-star restaurants and hotels in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City representing Vietnamese, South Korean and French cuisines offered special and exclusive dishes and exchange experiences.
“Along with the strength of the natural landscape, rich history and culture, Vietnam has increasingly affirmed its position as one of the countries with unique cuisine, attractive to domestic and foreign tourists. This event is an opportunity to promote Vietnamese cuisine, helping people understand the importance of culinary and chefs,” said Mr. Nguyen Manh Than, chairman of the Hanoi Tourism Association, at the event.
This was also an opportunity for domestic chefs to exchange, share and work with foreign colleagues in creating dishes that are tailored to the needs of foreign diners and spread the culinary value of Vietnam to the world, Mr. Than said.
Within the program, Hanoi’s visitors enjoyed typical Vietnamese dishes at the booths.
- Signature of the “Cuisine sans frontières” program
- Signature of the "Cuisine sans frontières" program
- Vietnamese cuisine 5 stars
- Metropole Hanoi kicks-off a two-week celebration of modern Korean gastronomy
- Vietnam International Tourism Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- Discovering South Korean flavors at Sofitel Métropole Hanoi
- Introducing indigenous culinary culture of Central Highlands through “Basaltic cuisine” program
- Vietnam-Germany festival Kulturfest 2020 opens in Hanoi
- South Korean gastronomic trip to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City