How to enhance tourism development connectivity between Ho Chi Minh City and northeastern provinces during the 2020- 2025 period took centre stage at a conference which transpired in the northern province of Quang Ninh’s Ha Long City on November 20 in the presence of Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam.
Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam praised the great efforts made by provinces and cities in COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control, in addition to boosting tourism development connectivity alongside economic development.
He went on the stress that Ho Chi Minh City and the northeastern region will represent safe, friendly, attractive, and responsible tourism destinations in the time to come.
In his remarks, Nguyen Thanh Phong, chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee, said the tourism industry has been greatly impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic, with the conference offering effective solution aimed at promoting the local tourism industry. Indeed, an array of plans were made to prepare for locations to receive domestic and international tourists as the nation moves past the COVID-19 epidemic.
Participants largely focused on devising ways to promote images of the country’s range of beautiful landscape, historical sites, in addition to items from craft villages, and local food to be introduced to tourists.
Furthermore, a signing ceremony on tourism development co-operation agreements among various tourism associations from Ho Chi Minh City and the northeastern region, along with airlines, took place at the event.
The event saw delegates, including approximately 200 representatives in the fields of tourism and aviation, come together to discuss plans aimed at boosting the nation’s tourism industry.
- HCM City and northeastern provinces strengthen tourism cooperation
- Ho Chi Minh City expands regional tourism linkages
- Ho Chi Minh City promotes tourism cooperation with eight Northwest provinces
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks tourism connectivity with north, central regions
- HCM City, Mekong Delta localities set up tourism linkage council
- Vietnam’s southeastern region promotes tourism
- Ho Chi Minh City supports tourism businesses in inter-regional connection
- Southeast localities discuss measures to boost linkage in tourism development
- Vietnam’s southeastern region to launch joint tourism products