NDO – The Wildflowers - Chu Dang Ya Volcano Week officially kicked off on November 20, in Ia Gri village, Chu Dang Ya commune, Chu Pah district, Gia Lai province, with many artistic activities bearing the unique cultural colours of the community of ethnic groups in the Central Highlands.
It is an outstanding event honouring the unique natural and cultural heritage of the northern Central Highlands.
It is also a tourist destination recognised by UK travel magazines and the Vietnam Records Organization as one of the top 10 most attractive tourist destinations of Gia Lai province.
Coming to the Wildflowers - Chu Dang Ya Volcano Week, in addition to being in harmony with the immense yellow colours of flowers, the typical symbol of the dry season in the Central Highlands, visitors can also experience cultural activities such as arts programmes, sports, and cuisine workshops characterized by the unique cultures of the ethnic minority groups in the Central Highlands.
For tourists who love to explore, the event is also an opportunity to research and further understand the cultural space of gongs, various types of knitting, carving and weaving of the community of ethnic groups in the Central Highlands.
Within the framework of the event, 20 typical agricultural stalls will be present from the Central Highlands region featuring products such as coffee, pepper, wild banana, wine, honey, and dried bamboo shoots. Two specialty crops in particular from the volcanic land of Chu Dang Ya ,edible canna and sweet potato, are also being displayed and introduced to tourists at the event.
Wildflowers Chu Dang Ya Volcano Week runs until November 26.
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- Introducing indigenous culinary culture of Central Highlands through “Basaltic cuisine” program
- More tourism festivals to occur as Covid-19 contained
- Yellow season in Kon Tum Province
- November cultural activities highlight Great Unity – National Root in Hanoi
- Tourism exhibition promoting cultural heritages from across Vietnam held in Hanoi
- The Muong Lo Cultural and Tourism Festival presents the xoè Thái
- Cultural heritage and tourism festival to feature diverse activities
- Tien Yen district – a rendezvous of ethnic cultures in northeastern Vietnam