Nhan Dan Online - The 2020 Vietnam International Travel Mart (VITM) officially opened on the morning of November 18 at the Vietnam-Russia Palace of Culture and Friendship.
The opening ceremony was attended by many representatives of the government, organs of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the National Assembly, the diplomatic corps in Vietnam, authorities of Vietnamese provinces and cities, etc.
With the theme “Digital transformation for the development of Vietnamese tourism”, the organizing committee encouraged the companies and organizations participating in the fair to take initiatives in management and business activities, such as in the tourism association and digital transformation to promote the dynamic development of tourism in the years to come.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vietnamese Vice Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Van Hung said that in 2020 the world economy has come under unprecedented pressure and the Vietnam was not spared, as its tourism industry was particularly affected. Vietnamese tourism has experienced various difficulties in recent times, with losses estimated at some $ 23 billion.
This year, VITM Hanoi attracts the participation of more than 300 business, tourism management and promotion agencies from 47 provinces and cities of the country. In addition, the Organizing Committee also received the attention of representative offices from 6 countries and territories: Thailand, Peru, Japan, Republic of Korea, Colombia and Taiwan (China).
- VITM Hanoi 2020: Digital transformation pushes Vietnam tourism
- Travel expo looks towards digital transformation to boost development
- Vietnam International Travel Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host Vietnam International Travel Mart in November
- Vietnam International Travel Mart 2020
- Vietnam International Tourism Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- Promotion of digital transformation in tourism and health
- VITM Hanoi 2020 set to kick off in August
- Hanoi travel mart to lure tourists with many cheap airfares, travel deals