NDO – The Vietnam International Travel Mart 2020 (VITM) – Hanoi 2020 officially opened with the theme ‘Digital transformation pushes tourism’ at the Hanoi Friendship Cultural Palace, on November 18.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Van Hung expressed his hope that the tourism industry looks for all opportunities in these difficult circumstances. The VITM is a good opportunity to promote and stimulate tourism demand. This also is an opportunity for businesses to adopt a new perspective, a new approach to digital transformation and overcome the difficulties stemming from the current epidemic. "Enterprises should meet, encourage and overcome difficulties together, promoting solidarity to succeed", Deputy Minister Nguyen Van Hung emphasised.
VITM Hanoi 2020 attracts more than 300 businesses, tourism promotion agencies from nearly 50 provinces, cities and six countries and territories. Towards overcoming the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic and reviving tourism, the Vietnam Tourism Association (VITA) launched a large tourism stimulus programme, providing tens of thousands of stimulus products to enhance tourism and increase the number of domestic tourists.
Coming to the event, visitors have an opportunity to benefit from attractive stimulus packages with the same number of tickets and discount tours as last year. In particular, there are packages of 30-40% discounts and many products have been renewed and upgraded in terms of their service quality. The organising board has dedicated an area for technological companies to introduce modern technologies and their application to tourism management and business.
A series of side events such as fora, seminars, introduction of tourism products, honouring tourism businesses, are also being held within the framework of the VITM to tighten the link between all elements of the tourism industry.
The fair takes place until November 212020.
- Vietnam International Travel Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- Travel expo looks towards digital transformation to boost development
- VITM Hanoi 2020 set to kick off in August
- Hanoi to host Vietnam International Travel Mart in November
- Vietnam Int’l Travel Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- VITM 2020 promotes IT application in tourism services
- Hanoi travel mart to lure tourists with many cheap airfares, travel deals
- Travel mart promotes digital transformation in tourism
- 2020 Vietnam International Travel Mart to feature 400 booths