| Opening of the Muong Lo Cultural and Tourist Festival on October 17 in the province of Yên Bai (North).|
Photo: VNA /CVN
The big dance saw the participation of 2020 actors and artisans as well as traditional musical instruments.
Muong Lo - Nghia Lô, which has 21 tight-knit ethnic groups, has a long history and glorious revolutionary tradition as well as diverse cultural identities.
Visitors to the festival will have the chance to immerse themselves in the folk songs and dances of ethnic minorities while discovering various cultural and tourist activities.
Nghia Lô is famous for the big dance xoè Thái and Han Khuong Festival which are both classified as National Intangible Cultural Heritage. In addition, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism is in the process of creating dossiers to submit to UNESCO in the hope of recognizing xoè Thái as the intangible cultural heritage of the world.
As part of the event, activities reproducing the spiritual life, culture and arts of ethnic minority groups in the locality are expected to attract large numbers of visitors.
CPV /VNA /CVN
- Pao Dung singing and Ky Yen festival recognized as intangible cultural heritage
- Fire dance festival certified as national intangible cultural heritage
- Tet Nguyen Tieu officially certified as national intangible cultural heritage
- Chinese first full moon of the year festival recognized as National Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- Nguyen Tieu Festival becomes part of national intangible cultural heritage
- Ao Dai seeks recognition as a national intangible cultural heritage
- Cham ethnic group in Binh Thuan celebrates Kate Festival
- Ao Dai seeks national intangible heritage title
- Muong Lo Culture, Tourism Festival honored with Stevie Awards