The distinctions of the commune of Ban Liên in Lào Cai
|The village of Ban Lien, in Lao Cai, a popular destination for travelers.|
Visitors can not only admire the beauty of the majestic mountains and the villages nestled near the terraced crops, but also immerse themselves in the daily life of the local inhabitants by participating with them in agricultural activities, a most interesting experience.
In Ban Lien, the traditional house on stilts characterizes the traditional culture of the Tay and represents one of the major tourist attractions for visitors. Today, these traditional accommodations are increasingly turning into homestays that attract tourists. In addition, going to Ban Lien is now easier than before because 90% of the roads in the region have been concreted.
Each year, new houses on stilts are built but the village still has many old houses welcoming several generations of the same family.
According to Vang A Su, vice-president of the People's Committee of Ban Lien commune, the Tay have long lived in houses on stilts. Although many households have built new solid buildings in recent years, most residents still own properties with houses on stilts because they represent their family treasure. This village has nearly 486 households, of which 400 households keep their traditional houses. Thus, many families still live in their houses with a double-layer roof of latan leaves, built according to the traditional method.
Today, the natural palm forests and Shan Tuyet tea hills are still well preserved by the people of Ban Lien. In the future, these unique beauties must be preserved to attract more tourists, thus increasing the income of local inhabitants.
Text and photo: Ngoc Trinh - Gia Dung /CVN
- Review of Huu Lien Commune Community Eco-Village – in Lang Son Tour
- Exploring peaceful beauty of Huu Lien grassland in northern Vietnam
- Huu Lien: where the grass is greener on this side
- Hữu Liên Village, a peaceful ecotourism spot in Lạng Sơn
- Huu Lien The convergence of green grasslands ideal getaway from summer
- Discovering peaceful meadow in northern mountainous province
- Visit the “unique” stone village in Cao Bang
- Cat Cat most striking village in northwest of Vietnam
- Tourist destination: Sin Chai – The intact soul of Sapa’s mountains and forests
- The family cranes a 100-year-old house to the roof of the villa
Today, 12:26Domestic airfare caps may increase from mid-2023
Today, 11:45Vietnam’s inflation forecast to reach 4.8% in 2023
Today, 09:49Vietnam's rice prices remain highest in world market