NDO – Paddies in Bac Ha District in the northern province of Lao Cai is entering rice harvesting season, making it an attractive destination for visitors.
Not receiving much tourists’ attention as compared to other mountainous districts of Mu Cang Chai (Yen Bai province), Hoang Su Phi (Ha Giang province), and Y Ty (Lao Cai province), Bac Ha is like a sleeping beauty boasting her charm only a few people.
Entering the harvesting season, one can hear the sound of rice threshing machines and laughter of local people across the rice fields.
Bac Ha now is experiencing days with mixed weather with sunny days and rainy days alternating.
After being harvested, rice is covered with a canvas before transported to their house.
All family members going to the field to harvest rice.
Vang Binh and his wife in Ban Lien commune, Bac Ha district harvesting rice in their rice paddies.
Buffaloes eating grass in a rice field after harvesting.
A rice field after finishing harvesting.
A woman transporting rice to the house.
This is only a small part of rice need harvesting in her field.
Rice ears get heavier with rainwater.
Stilt houses nestled at the food of tea and cinnamon hills.
Clouds come swooping down over the field.
Photo credit: Tuyet Loan
- Stunning Mu Cang Chai in ripening rice season
- Poetic golden rice season in Muong Hoa Valley
- Ripening rice terraces bring a smile to harvesting farmers
- Mu Cang Chai in golden rice season a feast for the eyes
- Golden glows of Y Ty Commune in ripening rice season
- Mu Cang Chai beauty in flooding season
- Muong Hoa valley blanketed with yellow ripening rice
- Bac Son rice fields turn yellow amid harvest season
- Yên Bai will host the Mù Cang Chai Terraced Field Festival