Nguyen Le Phuc, deputy general director of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), made the confirmation during a press conference in Hanoi on October 14.
The video is set to be shown on CNN until mid-November in an effort to attract a greater number of tourists to the country following the second wave of the fight against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The name of “Why not Vietnam” suggest that visitors choose Vietnam as it can be viewed as a safe tourism destination, Phuc said.
The “Why not Vietnam” campaign marks the third time that a video on Vietnamese tourism has been broadcast by CNN.
This comes after the US broadcaster aired two videos titled “Hanoi: Heart of Vietnam” and “Hanoi: Cradle of Heritage” in Asia and the Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, South Asia, and North America.
- Activities deployed to stimulate demand and attract tourists to Vietnam
- Vietnamese tourism to be promoted on CNN
- CNN releases “Why not Vietnam” video to promote Vietnam’s tourism
- Measures adopted to promote post-pandemic tourism growth
- CNN officially releases a video promoting Vietnamese tourism
- Da Nang has ad videos broadcast on BBC
- Da Nang tourism promoted on BBC
- Da Nang broadcasts ad videos on BBC
- A communication campaign to stimulate tourism