| Hanoi, a favorite destination for many tourists, including foreigners.|
Photo: Nhât Anh /VNA /CVN
National attendance reached 37.5 million tourists, including 19.2% of nights spent in hotel rooms and other collective accommodation. Over the period, tourism revenues amounted to 233 trillion dong (1005 billion USD).
Vietnam's National Tourism Administration said that for the sector to recover, it plans to revive in the remaining months of the year with an emphasis on safe and attractive domestic tourism.
Promotional packages and policies will be launched in the last quarter of this year and next to attract tourists. Some localities see an increase in bookings in November and December, such as Ha Long, Sa Pa (North), Dà Lat, Dà Nang (Center) and Ho Chi Minh City (South).
At the conference, the ministry said it had submitted a dossier to inscribe Dông Hô folk painting on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
He said he was working on the inscription of the dance x oè Thai in the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- Vietnam receives over 368 million foreign tourists in nine months
- The number of foreign tourists in Vietnam drops by 70.6% in 9 months
- Da Nang welcomes first group of tourists after over two months
- Hanoi: 1.2 million tourists in July
- Vietnam ministry calls on localities, enterprises to revive tourism
- Hanoi aims to receive 11 million domestic tourists in H2
- Vietnam welcomes 3.8 million foreign visitors in first seven months
- Hanoi builds up image of safe destination for tourists
- Ministry asks for continued domestic tourism stimulus programmes