Tourists at Linh Ung Pagoda in Da Nang city (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam welcomed more than 368 million foreign visitors in the first nine months of this year, a year-on-year slump of 67.4 percent, heard a press conference held by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Hanoi on October 14.
There were 37.5 million domestic tourists and 19.2 percent of them stayed overnight. In the period, earnings from tourism stood at 233 trillion VND (1005 billion USD).
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism said for the sector to recover, it is planning a stimulus in the remaining months of the year focusing on safe and attractive domestic tourism .
Promotional packages and policies will be launched in this year’s last quarter and the next to attract holidaymakers. Some localities see an increase in bookings in November and December, such as Ha Long, Sa Pa, Da Lat, Da Nang and HCM City.
Also at the conference, the ministry said it has submitted a dossier to bring Dong Ho folk painting into UNESCO’s list of intangible cultural heritage in need of urgent safeguarding, and been working on another seeking recognition for Xoe Thai dance in the list of intangible cultural heritage of humanity./.
- Vietnam welcomes more than 368 million foreign tourists in nine months
- Ministry asks for continued domestic tourism stimulus programmes
- The number of foreign tourists in Vietnam drops by 70.6% in 9 months
- An Giang launches tourism stimulus programmes
- Domestic tourism stimulation programme launched for remainder of the year
- Da Nang welcomes first group of tourists after over two months
- Former COVID-19 hot spot Dà Nang welcomed its first tourists
- The former COVID-19 hot spot Dà Nang welcomed its first tourists
- COVID-19 takes toll on tourism in first half
- Programs to stimulate domestic tourism will continue