Viet Nam finishes third in the Southeast Asian region and ninth in the world rankings with a total of 9212 points.
“The best time to visit Viet Nam is between April and June when the north emerges from its chilly winter season,” the magazine said.
In central Viet Nam, Hoi An and Hue are at their best between March and August when the skies are blue and the lukewarm seawater makes the nearby shores great for beach holidays.
A little further south, the beaches of Nha Trang and Quy Nhon can be visited almost every month, but encounter the occasional downpour between October and December, Condé Nast Traveler added.
In the category of hotels, the survey shows that four Vietnamese hotels were among top 20 in Asia based on the votes of 715000 readers around the world.
Azerai La Residence in the central town of Hue came in ninth while Sofitel Legend Metropole in Ha Noi ranked 11th. JW Marriott Hotel, also in Ha Noi, was at 13th while InterContinental Ha Noi Landmark 72 came in 15th.
The final results were ultimately based on the choices of more than 600000 readers from across the globe who submitted their responses and ratings of their recent travel experiences of the world’s countries, cities, islands, hotels, resorts, cruise lines, airlines, and airports.
For 33 years, Condé Nast Traveler has published an annual Readers’ Choice Awards feature, recognizing its audience’s favorite hotels and resorts across the globe.
- Condé Nast Traveler Vietnam jumps to 9th out of top 20 favorite destinations
- Vietnam ranks 9th out of top 20 travel destinations: US magazine
- Vietnam listed among world’s Top 10 favourite countries to visit
- Four Vietnamese hotels named among Top 20 hotels in Asia
- Five Vietnamese resorts named among Asia’s best
- Vietnam in the Top 10 of the best countries for tourism
- CNTraveler: Vietnam among 20 most favourite countries
- Vietnam is in the 2020 Top 10 Best Countries to Sightseeing
- Five Vietnamese resorts named among Top 30 in Asia