An exhibition featuring 130 black and white and colour photos of Hanoi taken by world-renowned German photographer Thomas Billhardt during his trips to Vietnam is being held in the capital city.
The event which started from October 3 and is scheduled to end on November 15 provides sincere and unadorned documentary pictures of Hanoi from 1967 to 1975.
The exhibition is being organised at 14 Phan Huy Ich Street and Alley 2 Hang Bun Street.
A Hanoi street in 1975
A family travel on a cyclo in 1968
A tramcar on Dinh Tien Hoang Street
A cyclo transporting a woman and her bike
A section of Hang Gai Street
Trang Tien Street
Hanoi in 1975
A man in a bomb shelter in 1968
At Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital in the 1967 – 1968 period
Maternity Ward of Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital
Tramcar Station by Hoan Kiem Lake
A public water tap
A shrimp cake stall by Truc Bach Lake
A football match in Hanoi in 1969
- [Photos]Hanoi during the years 1967-1975 through the lens of a German photographer
- Photo book launch and talk with photographer Thomas Billhardt
- What’s on October 19-25 (Daily updated)
- What’s on November 2-8 (Daily updated)
- What’s on October 26 -November 1 (Daily updated)
- What’s on November 9-15 (Daily updated)
- Hanoi to open exhibition on Covid-19 prevention