Passengers wait for check-in at a terminal of Da Nang International Airport (Photo: VNA)
Da Nang (VNA) – The Department of Tourism of Da Nang, in cooperation with Vietnam Airlines , will host the first tourists to visit the central city after the resurgence of COVID-19 in late July.
The department said a group of 55 tourists from the capital city of Hanoi have booked a three-day and two-night tour exploring destinations in the central city on October 4-6.
It said the Hanoian tourists, who will join the tour of Hung Long Thanh travel agency, will take a return flight from Hanoi to Da Nang to land at Da Nang International Airport on October 4.
The department said it hopes more domestic tourists would come to Da Nang soon with promotion programmes offered by travel agencies, airlines and hotels.
Sun World Ba Na Hills, one of the top tourist attractions in Da Nang, reopened to the public last week.
The city’s tourism industry has been heavily damaged by COVID-19 and it hosted only 2800 tourists in August, 95.5 percent decrease from the same period last year./.
- Vibrant atmosphere return to local tourism sites
- Former COVID-19 hot spot Dà Nang welcomed its first tourists
- The former COVID-19 hot spot Dà Nang welcomed its first tourists
- Da Nang welcomes first group of tourists after over two months
- Da Nang offers free city tours to tourists
- Da Nang resumes night activities on Han River
- Vietnam Airlines to resume flights between Van Don and Da Nang
- Tourists to be evacuated from Da Nang due to Covid-19 outbreak
- Vietnam to evacuate 400 stranded tourists from Covid-19 epicenter Da Nang
- Da Nang prepares pilot programme to welcome international tourists