NDO – Singapore will lift border restrictions on visitors from Vietnam and Australia, except for the state of Victoria, from October 8.
Singapore’s The Straits Times Newspaper quoted the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) as saying on Wednesday (Sep 30) that both Vietnam and Australia have comprehensive public health surveillance systems and have successfully controlled the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.
“The risk of importation of the disease from these countries is low,” said the authority, noting that over the last 28 days, Vietnam has seen zero local COVID-19 infections while Australia (excluding Victoria State) recorded a low virus incidence rate of 002 cases per 100000 people.
Visitors from Australia and Vietnam will be able to apply for the Air Travel Pass for entry into Singapore from today (Oct 1). The earliest day they will be able to enter Singapore will be Oct 8.
The scheme allows for all forms of short-term travel, including leisure travel. This is in contrast to the reciprocal green lane arrangements between countries, which are usually for essential business and official travel only.
Visitors will have to take a swab test upon arrival and may go about their activities after they provide a negative test result. They will have to use the TraceTogether app for the duration of their stay in Singapore, among other conditions.
CAAS also said that Singapore citizens, permanent residents and long-term pass holders returning from Australia (excluding Victoria State) and Vietnam will be able take a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
The agency added that it has updated Singapore’s travel advisory to allow for travel to Australia (excluding Victoria) and Vietnam. Accordingly, it advised travellers to check the entry requirements imposed by these countries and to take necessary precautions during their travels.
Earlier, Singapore removed travel restrictions for visitors from Brunei and New Zealand.
- Singapore lifts restrictions on travel from Vietnam
- Singapore opens the border for visitors from Vietnam from October 8
- Singapore to lift travel restrictions for arrivals from Vietnam
- Singapore to welcome travelers from Vietnam and Australia from October 8
- Singapore to ease entry restrictions for visitors from Vietnam from Oct 8
- Vietnam visitors negative with coronavirus can travel freely within Singapore
- Singapore lifts ban on Boeing 737 MAX planes
- Singapore signs digital economy pact with Australia
- Swathe of Melbourne ordered into lockdown as virus spikes in Australia