|Tourists at the citadel of the Ho dynasty in Thanh Hoa province (Center). Photo: VNA /CVN|
It is an opportunity for tourism companies to share theory and practice in the application of new technologies to the tourism sector among major technology companies around the world (Google, Booking.com, Facebook…).
During the forum, the Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Nguyên Van Hung, said that this forum aims to seek important solutions to revive the tourism of the country.
According to the permanent vice-president of the Vietnam Tourism Association, Vu Thê Binh, in 2020 the COVID-19 pandemic caused an unprecedented catastrophe in the world. The damage caused by this epidemic is extremely important both in terms of human life and the global economy, especially tourism.
According to the World Tourism Organization, the COVID-19 pandemic could cause a reduction of one billion international visitors, a loss of 1000 billion USD for global tourism in 2020. As for domestic tourism, according to forecasts by Vietnam Tourism Association, by 2020 COVID-19 will decrease international visitors to the country by at least 70% compared to 2019. Domestic visitors have decreased by 50%.
This extremely difficult situation is forcing companies to adjust their strategies to recover quickly and grow quickly when the pandemic is under control. Full digital transmutation is part of this strategy.
- Forum promotes digital transformation in tourism industry amid COVID-19
- Ninh Binh looks to revive tourism sector post-pandemic
- Binh Dinh locals to act as ambassadors to promote tourism
- Vietnam tourism looks toward the future
- SaPa sells off prices to revive tourism
- The digital transition, an essential trend in tourism
- Accelerating the pace of digital transformation in the tourism sector
- Vietnam Int’l Travel Mart to take place in August
- BBC broadcasts Da Nang tourism ads