NDO – During these Autumn days, the terraced paddy fields along both sides of the road from Yen Bai City to the mountainous district of Mu Cang Chai are stunning as the rice ripens.
The green and yellow colours mix together, creating a beautiful scene.
High mountains surround the valley below, creating a majestic natural landscape.
According to photographers, the best time for visitors to admire the stunning beauty of the rice is the second half of September. From above, the terraced fields in the valley look like a vast golden sea.
Mam xoi (raspberry) hill in La Pan Tan commune has become one attractive destination in Mu Cang Chai thanks to the unique shape of its terraced paddy field which is considered the most beautiful in the northwestern region.
A corner of ripening rice fields in La Pan Tan.
The terraced paddy fields in La Pan Tan, De Xu Phinh and Che Cu Nha communes are recognised as national beauty spot.
During the harvest season, visitors can admire the romantic scenery of the yellow ripening rice.
Terraced paddy fields are a unique cultural heritage of the local people in Mu Cang Chai.
Since its terraced paddy field was listed among the top ten most beautiful in the world, Mu Cang Thai has become one of the highlights of northwestern tourism.
Locals harvesting rice.
Photo credit: THAO NGUYEN
- Mu Cang Chai in golden rice season a feast for the eyes
- Yên Bai will host the Mù Cang Chai Terraced Field Festival
- Sublime verdant terraced fields in northwestern Vietnam
- Mu Cang Chai beauty in flooding season
- Mu Cang Chai Terraced fields glitters in irrigation season not to miss tourism destinations
- Mu Cang Chai ranks among world top destinations
- Poetic golden rice season in Muong Hoa Valley
- Vietnam’s Mu Cang Chai in ripe rice season a feast for the eyes