|Passenger reported medical declaration at Noi Bai airport in March. Photo: vnexpress|
On September 16, the Ministry of Transport's representative said that the ministry has asked airlines to only sell international commercial flight tickets to passengers entering Vietnam with an entry visa and a specific place to stay.
Airlines will have to check passengers' body temperature before boarding aircrafts, ask them to install an electronic medical notification application; at the same time, check their proof of nCoV negative (test time within 3 days) ...
The Government has agreed to the policy of allowing international commercial flights from September 15 to open. However, as per the MoT representative's explaination, after the policy approved, relevant ministries, localities and airlines need time to complete a pick-up plan for the confirmed time to implement specific flights.
On September 15, the Government Office announced the conclusion of Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh, agreeing to the proposal of the Ministry of Transport to resume international commercial flights between Vietnam and some other cooperative parties.
|Passengers entering Tan Son Nhat airport. (Illustration photo on VTC).|
According to the plan of the Ministry of Transport, regular commercial flights will open to Guangzhou, Taiwan (China), South Korea, and Japan. Each week, there will be 2 round-trip flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Guangzhou; Hanoi / Ho Chi Minh City - Tokyo route has 4 round-trip ones; Hanoi / HCMC - Seoul 4; Hanoi / HCMC - Taipei (Taiwan) 4 flights, too. The airlines of Vietnam and the partner countries and territories will split the number of flights in half.
|After entering, passengers continue to be tested for RT-PCR at quarantine points. Inbound and entered people with two negative RT-PCR test results will be considered to shorten the concentration of the quarantine period to 5 days; then on self-isolating, medical monitoring and supervision at their home, business offices or agencies.|
- Vietnam Airlines officially resumes scheduled int l flights starting Sep 18
- Vietnam to receive 20000 int’l arrivals from this month
- Vietnam Airlines will resume flights to Japan from September 18
- Reopening economy, Vietnam to receive 20000 int’l arrivals per month
- Domestic air travel sees full recovery post-COVID-19
- Aviation Department: Only Vietnam Airlines is allowed to fly internationally in the first phase
- Vietnam Airlines resumes international flights from September 18
- Vietnam starts charging quarantine and testing fee for anyone entering the country
- Airlines change check-in counters at Noi Bai Airport