At the Vietnam International Travel Mart 2019 (Photo: the organiser)
Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam International Travel Mart 2020 ( VITM ) is scheduled to take place from November 18-21 after being postponed twice due to COVID-19 .
Held at the Vietnam-Soviet Friendship Cultural Palace , the event will feature about 300 stalls run by tourism businesses as well as tourism management and promotion agencies from 54 provinces and cities nationwide.
In response to the new situation, its theme will be changed from “Heritage – Power of Vietnam Tourism” to “Digital transformation boosts Vietnamese tourism’s development”.
The fair was initially rescheduled from April 1-4 to May 14-17 and then August 12-15 due to the pandemic.
The previous edition of the VITM welcomed some 65000 visitors, of whom about 29300 booked tours right at the fair, helping the participating enterprises earn around 322.3 billion VND (13.8 million USD).
As of September 17 morning, Vietnam has gone through 15 straight days without any coronavirus infections in the community, according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
The country has so far confirmed 1063 SARS-CoV-2 infections. Of the total, 691 were infected with the virus domestically, including 551 linked with central Da Nang city since the latest coronavirus wave broke out there on July 25. As many as 936 patients have recovered, while 35 died from complications related to the disease./.
- Vietnam International Travel Mart postponed again due to COVID-19
- 2020 Vietnam International Travel Mart to feature 400 booths
- VITM Hanoi 2020 set to kick off in August
- International travel mart suspended following Danang Covid-19 outbreak
- 54 localities join VITM Hanoi 2020
- Vietnam Int’l Travel Mart to take place in August
- Vietnam tourism looks toward the future
- Vietnam Int’l Travel Mart 2020 cancelled for third time
- VITM Hanoi hit by delay following fresh COVID-19 outbreaks