Nhan Dan Online - Recently, Son Doong Cave (Bo Trach District, North of Dong Hoi, Central Quang Binh Province of Vietnam) was voted one of the 20 Record-Breaking Wonders of Nature by Business Insider.
Located in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Son Doong Cave, nearly 5 km long, is the largest cave in the world.
The cave is estimated to be between 400 and 450 million years old, but it was first discovered in 2009.
Son Doong Cave is nearly 5 km long, 198 meters high, and is wide enough to have a climate system independent of the outside environment. This wonder even has its own clouds, forests and rivers. It is seen as a fictional world that has not been touched by men.
- Son Doong among 20 record-breaking natural wonders
- Son Doong Cave is among 20 record-breaking natural wonders
- Son Doong Cave a ‘record-breaking natural wonder’
- Vietnam’s Son Doong cave listed among the most surreal places in the world to visit before you die
- Son Doong is in the top 10 most incredible caves in the world
- Son Dong Cave honoured by Google Doodle
- Vietnam’s Son Doong listed among 10 ‘most incredible caves in the world’
- Tours to world’s largest cave fully booked throughout the year
- Vietnam’s caves among world’s largest