Nhan Dan online - The Municipal People's Committee of Cao Lanh, Dong Thap province, on July 10 celebrated the 199th death anniversary of the Do Cong Tuong couple.
The temple dedicated to the Do Cong Tuong couple is located at 64 Le Loi street, district 2 Cao Lanh city, Dong Thap province (in the south).
According to Cao Lanh Town People's Committee Vice Chairman Phan Thanh Minh, it is a historical and cultural site to express the gratitude of the locals to the deserving predecessors who made the clearing, built villages to create the city of Cao Lanh in the present-day Dong Thap province.
After restorations, this site is made up of works such as the temple, the visitors' reception house, grandiose tombs built with very solid materials and magnificently carved according to the architectural style of the Nguyen dynasty and very typical of temples and houses municipalities of Nam Bo (southern part of the country).
The temple dedicated to the Do Cong Tuong spouses carries both material and spiritual values for the inhabitants of Cao Lanh in particular and those of Dong Thap in general. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism thus took a decision of July 82019 recognizing the temple dedicated to the couple of Dong Cong Tuong as a national historical and cultural site.
The death anniversary ceremony of the Do Cong Tuong couple takes place every year from the 8th day to the 10th day of the 6th lunar month.
This year, the Cal Lanh Municipal People's Committee organized many activities during the Tourism Week of Dong Thap province such as the festival of typical Dong Thap products, land of pink lotus flowers, the floating market on the river, the popular cake preparation competition, the pirogue tournament…
- Dong Thap province relic site honors father of President Ho Chi Minh
- Thanh Hóa invests VNĐ500 billion to further excavate mausoleum
- Memorial for Nguyen Sinh Sac, the father of Ho Chi Minh
- Dong Thap bolsters resolutions to further fuel urban tourism
- Đồng Tháp Museum receives large artefact donation
- Sam Son City receives special national historical site certificate
- 3 temples worshiping King Hung in Saigon
- Heading to the South and exploring the beauty of Go Cong town
- Tran Bien Temple of Literature – National historic site that is over 300 years old