|A lot of train routes will resume services this month (Photo: VNE)|
A pair of train between Ho Chi Minh City and Phan Thiet, a popular resort town in south-central Binh Thuan Province will run again every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Starting Friday, The Saigon Railway Transport JSC has also operated a train from HCMC to beach town Nha Trang in the south-central province of Khanh Hoa every Thursday and Friday and a train on the return route every Saturday and Sunday.
A pair of trains that operate daily between HCMC and tourism hotspot Da Nang was also put into operation since last Tuesday. The Transport Ministry allowed the resumption of public transportation services to and from Da Nang starting last Monday after it had gone eight days without a new domestic infection, according to VNE.
The company has also pressed into service a pair of trains running between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City after a hiatus of more than a month due to the pandemic.
Meanwhile, the Hanoi Railway Transport JSC, the railroad operator in the north, on September 18 will resume the service of a pair of trains on the route between Hanoi and Lao Cai Province, which is famous for Sa Pa in northern highlands.
Passengers can also travel from Hanoi to Lao Cai every Friday and return Hanoi on the return route every Sunday. From Saturday, two pairs of trains will run between Hanoi and the port city of Hai Phong on a daily basis.
|Vietnam has over 3,000 kilometers of rail tracks, none of them high speed. Last year, trains carried eight million passengers, down 6.9 percent year-on-year.|
- Vietnam’s trains resumed trips to famous tourist destinations across the country
- Trains back on track to popular local tourist destinations
- More trains to be run to meet travel demand
- Certain train services from HCMC suspended due to low passenger numbers
- Additional trains to operate during summer
- Two north-south trains to resume operatins on Monday
- Train services on Hanoi-Yen Bai/Haiphong routes to be suspended due to Covid-19
- Hanoi stimulates tourism by rail promotion
- Two more north-south trains suspended due to Covid-19
- Carriers resume flights to Da Nang after a month‚Äôs hiatus