The Green Travel webpage, jointly launched by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), the Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board (TAB) and the Swiss Sustainable Tourism Program (SSTP), is a first step in Vietnam’s endeavors to support sustainable travel businesses and assist responsible travelers coming to Vietnam.
Users visiting the page will find articles on best practices for responsible travelers, guides on following Vietnamese customs and local etiquette, and tips on the country’s lesser-known destinations.
The page provides a catalog of sustainable tourism products and companies that helps travelers more easily find educational, ethical and ecological tours and sustainable accommodation; a souvenir shopping guide such as handicrafts, textiles and stationery brands that preserve Vietnamese culture and support local communities.
It also offers infographics on sustainable travel in Vietnam, and in-depth stories for those interested in Vietnam’s ethnic minorities and traditional craft villages.
To make the experience actionable for travelers planning trips, the site also provides a collection of leading tour operators offering sustainable experiences. In order to ensure the listed companies are outstanding examples of practicing socially and environmentally sustainable tourism, TAB sought the expertise of SSTP consultants to select the contents to be posted on the Green Travel page in accordance with the sustainability criteria established by SSTP for the tourism industry in Vietnam.
The national tourism website will make debut videos showcasing the country’s best sustainable tourism assets and outstanding experiences, and offer giveaways consisting of sustainable Vietnamese products and holidays on its official social media channels in the coming time.
Vietnam recently also launched a ‘Visit Vietnam from Home’ page, encouraging travelers to explore the country even while the borders are closed. The page delivers virtual travel experiences such as 360-degree tours, local recipes, coloring pictures, and short videos.
This article was originally published in Hanoitimes
- Vietnam launches Green Travel webpage to boost responsible tourism
- Vietnamese Tourism Launches Sustainable Travel Online Page
- Green Travel - A page promoting sustainable tourism
- Green Travel - Web page promoting Vietnamese sustainable tourism in international markets
- Vietnam launches website promoting sustainable tourism to foreign tourists
- Vietnam people commit to sustainable tourism in 2021: Survey
- Special page launched to promote Vietnamese tourism to foreign visitors
- Việt Nam ranks 96th on global sustainable tourism list
- Every foreigner can now visit Vietnam with “Green Travel”
- Travel Sustainable badge launched by world’s leading digital travel platforms