NDO – The Hanoi Department of Tourism will adjust its plan to stimulate tourism demand in accordance with the specific circumstances of the COVID-19 epidemic.
Compared to July, the number of tourists to Hanoi in August decreased sharply. Across eight months of 2020, tourists numbers to Hanoi were estimated at 6.29 million, down 67.3% over the same period last year. Of which, international visitors to Hanoi were estimated at 1.02 million and domestic tourists at 5.27 million. However, in September, the Department will have new plans to restore the market.
According to Deputy Director of the Hanoi Department of Tourism Tran Trung Hieu, in September, the Department will adjust the implementation of Plan No.73 / KH-SDL dated June 10, 2020 on stimulating domestic tourism demand, strengthening tourism information dissemination as well as organizing domestic tourism promotion activities.
In addition, the Department will continue to deploy information technology in its management of tourism; as well as direct relevant units, enterprises, organizations and individuals operating in the tourism industry in the city to strictly comply with all regulations on the Covid-19 epidemic prevention and control in new circumstances; ensuring service quality and benefits for all tourists.
The Department will also continue to implement a plan on e-commerce development in the field of tourism for the 2021-2025 tenure of the Hanoi People’s Committee.
- Hanoi active in stimulating tourism demand
- Hanoi sets sights on welcoming 11 million domestic visitors
- Activities deployed to stimulate demand and attract tourists to Vietnam
- Ca Mau stimulating tourism post-COVID-19
- Hanoi’s domestic tourism rebounds in October
- Number of visitors to Hanoi increases again
- Hanoi strives to welcome 19 million tourists in 2021
- Hanoi: 1.2 million tourists in July
- Da Nang exempted and reduced entrance tickets in 2021