|Checking the wifi network in the central area of the capital.|
The Hanoi Information and Communication Service has asked the Hanoi Post and Telecommunications Company (VNPT) to extend the free Internet connection network to public areas.
From now on, the public has free access to public wifi in historic sites and tourist destinations in the capital.
Since August 2017 Hanoi has had a wireless Internet system in certain areas such as around Hoan Kiem lake, the ancient citadel of Thang Long, the Perfume Pagoda complex or the ceramic village of Bat Trang.
Text and photo: Kim Van-VNA /CVN
- Installation of the free wifi network in tourist areas
- Hanoi to offer free wifi for more tourist sites
- Hanoi provides free Wi-fi at tourist spots
- Hanoi to install nine more free WiFi hotspots
- Vietnam to have second mobile virtual network operator
- A new mobile virtual network launched in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s second mobile virtual network debuts
- MobiFone offers customers free data, calls to make up for disruption
- Police to investigate telecommunications network monopoly in Phu My Hung area
- The capital city celebrates 1010th anniversary of Thang Long-Hanoi