The capital city’s High Command said at a Monday meeting on Covid-19 prevention that the passengers will be quarantined at the military school under the High Command in Son Tay Town, 35 km west of Hanoi’s center, upon arrival.
All passengers and flight crew will wear protective clothing and have their temperatures checked before getting on the plane. The planes will be disinfected after they deplane.
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and budget carrier Vietjet Air will transport the passengers on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
On August 13-14, 625 people will return to Ho Chi Minh City from Da Nang, HCMC’s Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong said Monday.
The returnees’ samples have been taken for novel coronavirus testing in Da Nang at the request of HCMC authorities. The test results would be available Tuesday, according to Truong Thi Hong Hanh, director of the Da Nang Department of Tourism.
“Since Hanoi has not asked for tests to be done before people aboard the plane, the returnees will be tested in the quarantine zone (in the capital city),” Hanh said Sunday.
According to the department, 833 people have said they want to return to Hanoi.
Nearly 1,700 visitors, mainly from Hanoi and HCMC, are reportedly stuck in Da Nang, a top tourist attraction in central Vietnam. The tourists have had to remain in Da Nang since July 28 when the city went into a semi-lockdown and suspended all means of transportation in and out of the city.
Da Nang recorded Vietnam’s first domestic Covid-19 case on July 25 after the country’s 99-day streak without community transmission. Since then, the nation has recorded 389 domestic cases in 15 cities and provinces, all of them linked to Da Nang, now its Covid-19 epicenter.
Since the pandemic first broke out the country has had 847 cases, 433 of them active.
- Vietnam Airlines ups Da Nang flight frequency as Covid-19 outbreak eases
- Carriers up Da Nang flight frequency as Covid-19 outbreak eases
- Airlines increase flights leaving from Da Nang
- Rapid mass testing conducted in Hanoi for Da Nang returnees
- HCMC to start receiving stranded tourists in Da Nang City from August 12
- Hanoi speeds up PCR testing for returnees from Da Nang
- Vietjet resumes regular flights to Da Nang
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights from/to Da Nang
- COVID-19: Hanoi scrambles to test returnees from Da Nang hotspot