The Ministry of Science and Technology has just partnered with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to launch a program for the implementation of technology in agriculture in the period from 2021-2030.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Accordingly, the two ministries are going to co-build many national science-technology task zones, carry out a number of key ministerial research programs on staple produce with highly competitive advantages, focus on the development of food processing as well as preservation technologies, and boost the digital transformation process in agriculture.
In the previous co-program from 2016-2020, the two ministries were able to help the Government to introduce various supporting mechanisms and policies for research and technology transfer activities in the agricultural field.
The collaboration between scientists, business people, and the localities have positively contributed to the significant growth of agricultural activities nationwide, ensuring both produce quality and competitiveness.
Many hi-tech agricultural zones, as a result, have been established, making good use of advanced technologies like automatic and semi-automatic control, Big Data, IoT, AI.
Reports from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development reveal that in 2020, the agriculture production value increased by 2.75 percent compared to the previous year, while the GDP of the whole industry rose by 2.68 percent.
- Vietnam to have 500 high-tech manufacturers by 2030
- Science and technology to advance agriculture in Ninh Thuan
- Vietnam promoting hi-tech farming
- Forestry sector focuses on creating high-yield trees
- Final round of ‘Innovation in Hi-tech Agriculture 2020’ kicked off
- Activities to celebrate Vietnam Science-technology Day 2020 to launch online
- “Ba Ria-Vung Tau Techconnect 2020” will present nearly 400 technologies
- Vietnam struggles to have 5,000 science and tech firms this year
- Hanoi Technological Connectivity and Innovation Week 2020