Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has recently tasked the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) to finalize and submit a national strategy on developing digital economy and digital society this August.
The MIC reported that some foreign countries have already introduced strategies and programs on digital transformation in a bid to optimizing opportunities from the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Revolution 4.0).
In Viet Nam, digital economy and digital society have been growing quite fast, supported by the well-developed telecom and IT foundation, high Internet coverage and a huge number of Internet users.
Viet Nam is located in the center of the Southeast Asian region in Asia poised to be the global hub of digital technology and digital economy.
However, the country is coping with shortcomings and limitations, including a favorable legal system for digital economy and digital society, and especially a strategy on digital economy and digital society.
The new strategy is expected to set a sound direction for ministries, sectors, and localities to get involved in the field.
In 2020, Viet Nam kicked off a national digital transformation program, under which the country will renovate fundamentally and comprehensively the management and administration activities of the Government, production and business activities of enterprises, the way of living and working of the people, developing a safe, humane and wide digital environment.
The national digital transformation program has a dual purpose of both developing digital government, digital economy, digital society and establishing Vietnamese digital businesses with global capacity./. VGP
- Vietnam prioritizes digital transformation
- National digital transformation program
- “Make in Vietnam” digital technology product awards launched
- Vietnam determinedly accelerates national digital transformation process
- “Digital Transformation Day 2020” will take place next August
- Vietnam strives to have 100000 digital technology companies by 2030
- Vietnam to test 5G services on a large scale in 2021
- Digital transformation: opportunities and challenges
- Việt Nam to go digital or lose out: Deputy PM Đam
- COVID-19 a once-in-a-century opportunity to boost digital transformation